Paying for Medicare
Paying for Medicare premiums is simple but it is important to understand what you are paying for and to whom.
- Part A usually free.
- Part B paid directly to the Federal Government.
- Part C also known as Medicare Advantage; not all plans have premiums but if they do, the premium is paid to the health plan.
- Part D also known as Prescription Drug Coverage; your prescription drug coverage may be included in your Part C (Medicare Advantage) plan.
How to Pay Your Medicare Part B Premium
You have two options for paying your Medicare Part B premium:
- You can have your Medicare Part B premium automatically deducted from your Social Security or Railroad Retirement Benefits check each month.
- You can pay your Medicare Part B premium directly to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). To learn more about making Part B premium payments visit medicare.gov/your-medicare-costs. (By clicking on this link you will be leaving the Wellcare website.)
If Allwell is your Medicare Advantage plan you can pay your Medicare Advantage premium in one of three ways:
- Set up automatic payments. Automatic payments help save time and stamps!
If you set up automatic bill pay with your bank, be sure your remittance address matches the address on your statement.
If you need help setting up automatic payments, call Member Services. We’re here to help!
- Pay your premium online.
- Log in to your member account and click Pay My Premium.
- Select Payment Portal.
- Click on Make a Payment for a single payment or Auto Bill Payment to set up auto pay.
- Pay by Mail.
You can send a check, money order or cashier’s check to Allwell. Our mailing address can be found on your billing statement. In order to make sure your premiums are paid on time, please allow for standard mailing times.
Download the Bill Payment Flyer:
See 2022 for Plan information